Saturday, July 6, 2013

Finishing Up and Starting New Projects

I finished the machine quilting on the quilts for Lucas and Caleb, the sons of our assistant pastor.  Their family left our church  after seven years on July 1st to become the senior pastor at Living Hope Wesleyan Church in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  There was a Going Away Celebration Party & Program for them where we presented the quilts.  My friend, Marla did the piecing and I did the quilting.  We had fabric pens available for friends to sign the back.

 Pastor Chopper and Andrea liked their quilt also. Our friend, Rhonda embroidered on the borders.
 Yesterday I decided it was time to start working on a quilt for the grandbaby which is scheduled to arrive in 4 weeks.  I am not sure if I am going to like this or not.  I will finish the flimsy for now and maybe work on another one.  These are a few of the blocks. 
I have strawberries to finish preparing to freeze.  We have been eating more than our share and freezing the rest!


3 comments:

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love the quilts you gave to the boys. Looks like they love them already! The quilt for your pastor is gorgeous! I'm sure he and his wife appreciate all the work that went into it. That baby quilt is going to come out so nice! The color are so pretty! Love it!

Amy said...

What's life without eating some FRESH strawberries?!?! :)

Beautiful and gorgeous array of quilts Linda! The baby quilt's fabrics are adorable.

Sharon said...

That is so sweet to make them quilts! It looks like they love them! The colors on the baby blocks are very pretty!!