Friday, August 31, 2012

Blue Moon Giveaway

"




Where were you when you heard these words,"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."?   How very unique that this time it appears on the day of Neil Armstrong's funeral.

In honor of the Blue Moon how about a giveaway?   

A Surprise BLUE Moon gift package will be selected by the random generator on Sunday night for a special blogging friend.
 Just write about something you will be doing or did during the Blue Moon!
  I think I will pull out some projects that were stuck away waiting for that "Blue Moon.


http://lilypadquilting.blogspot.com/2012/08/random-notes-from-this-quirky-quilter.html
While you are blog reading be sure to check out  Lily Pad Quilting. She is having an awesome Give Away of Christmas Fabric.  She is a talented quilter and blogger! 

11 comments:

Belinda said...

This is the 31rst and what I did was....get up at the crack of dawn and work on some new pillows for my couch, drove over to pick up my grandson because it was my day to babysit, and then after supper, I finished the pillows. :)

I forgot all about it being a blue moon, but blue IS my favorite color. ;) I hope you enjoy your holiday weekend Linda!!

Sharon said...

Today is my brother's birthday but we live a few hundred miles apart. I called but he must have had his phone turned off because they are camping. I wanted to tease him about his birthday being once in a blue moon. ;-) I'm almost finished crocheting that baby blanket and hope to finish it this weekend. Have a wonderful weekend!

Pokey said...

Hi, Linda! Let's see, we stood and looked up at the bright moon in the sky, said, hmmm, and went to bed! Long days around here, isn't that romantic of us?!? We did talk about Neil Armstrong passing though, how sad ....
School starts for us on Wednesday, so I'm glad to get to enjoy the holiday with my Larry. Hope you enjoy the Labor Day, too ~
:-}pokey

barbara woods said...

sewing while mu hubby watches the nascar races all week end

Vickie said...

Hi Linda, I'm celebrating my 5 year old grand daughter's birthday and moving in with my mom, temporarily until the house we are buying closes. Lots of changes in my life. I hope you get some of your projects finished.

Needled Mom said...

I so remember rushing home from a BBQ to watch that first moon landing. It was awesome!

I am going to be kicking abck after having three little grandbabies for the week.

Maria said...

I was dressing my baby ready take to the Health clinic...

Yesterday I went to my exercise group and then had coffee afterwards with the ladies...

Amy said...

Sorry Linda, girl; I wasn't born yet when Armstrong landed on the moon; and last night.... we didn't do much of anything. Paul was in a tree for bear hunting, and I was home with the family, cooking out burgers and boiling some corn for dinner. THOUGHTS of Friday night at Town & Country crossed my mind, but I think we're reserving all of that for today.

Fun giveaway idea :) I hope you are able to enjoy your weekend.

Judy1522 said...

We had a discussion about the blue moon and enjoyed looking at it. Then throughout the night when I woke up I enjoyed looking at it through the window before I fell back to sleep.

Linda said...

I was so sad to hear about Neil Armstrong's passing. A nice man and a great patriot. I remember watching him and listening to his famous words when I was a kid. I was amazed that a blue moon happened on the day of his funeral, very fitting. My husband and I went out to dinner and talked about the moon being so big and that it was a blue moon and another one wouldn't come around for a few years. He had not heard that before. When we got home, I let my dog out and was so amazed at how bright it was outside. I would have loved to stay out and enjoy it but we are staying inside away from the mosquitoes. We have had so much West Nile Virus down here and don't go out at night because of it. I got up at 4:30 and let the dog out again and it was still bright! I'm loving the blue moon. Thanks for the giveaway, have fun with the weekend.

betty said...

We saw the moon rising last night; it was soooo cool! We were shopping at Wal-Mart yesterday and when we were going through the beer section,they had a display from Blue Moon beer there; I thought that was kind of cute captializing on their name and the blue moon event :)

betty