My dining room table is missing my cutting mat, sewing machine, and the current one or two projects I have been working on. I sew at this table at night while DH is watching baseball or whatever sport maybe happening at the time in the adjoining living room. When I first started quilting I was going to work upstairs in an empty bedroom. He said, "You will be up there and I will be watching TV down here, we won't even see each other." So, I set my machine up in the dining room.
I have one baby quilt that needs to be finished in September, three in November, and one in January. Three quilts are started and packed away for now. At least this time I packed the pattern with the partial sewn projects.
I spent part of everyday last week at school working on setting up my room, working on scheduling, and curriculum for students. This week we have "official" inservice and open house one evening.


Last week I still was needed for Grandma duty. Friday after I had a telephone conference at school, Kasey and Cole had one more day of the Slip 'n Slide. Grandpa had them helping him while I was at school.
Saturday morning Conner, Tatum and Jessica were with me.
Uncle Todd left a Gator here for a few hours. Jessica thought she should take it for a spin!
6 comments:
I sew at the dinning room table for the same reason. It's so much nicer that way. Wonderful pictures of the kids. I wish I could go down the slip and slide, well I think I do, maybe I would be to scared to try it.
I sew in my cave abd yes DH is in the lounge, only a few steps down the hall.
Lovely photos of the Grandies.. Jessica looks like you Linda.
Wow, a clean table! That just means you don't have time to sew! Love the runner on the table. Yes, I sew at the kitchen table sometimes too but not always. I try to keep everything in my sewing room but every now and again, I'll sew at the table to be close to the hubs while he's watching TV....Ah, school is back in session. I hope you get to sew or a little bit of relax time soon. The grandkids are so cute and getting so big!
The mental anguish is being felt by many right now; that time when time-priorities change ... :{
I certainly hope after a couple of weeks, the schedule and transition will be old news and we'll be able to schedule in some quilting time again :)
Great, fun looking Grandma pictures :)
My "woman's den" is across the hall from the "man cave", so we can easily talk or see each other. When I have hand work to do, I go in the man cave.
It sounds like you are a very busy lady! The grandkids look like a lot of fun to be around. :)
My sewing room is upstairs over our garage which also has a pool table and big screen TV so it works out good my me and my hubby.
the grandkids are so darling. I thought I was following your blog, now I am. I have missed a lot.
Post a Comment