Our first Friday afternoon stop was the Quilter's Quest in Sister Bay. The store is going out of business. All of the fabric was 40% off! Yes, we helped her out in selling off her inventory.
Next stop was Barn Door Quilts in Sturgeon Bay.
Saturday morning we headed to Green Bay. After having breakfast at Panera Bread. We made a quick stop at a mall then on to quilt shops. Our first stop was Julie's Sewing Center.
Next stop was Quilter's Connection. It was one of my favorite. Left some cash there also.
| Peg made sure we found it! |
| I bought supplies for two more projects. |
| I could have spent a long time just looking and selecting fabric. |
Last stop was at Piece By Piece. We didn't have enough time before they closed to find any thing we couldn't live with out. They turned off the open sign just as we walked in the door. I could definitely spend more time in that shop.
After that I had my first trip to a Hobby Lobby followed by a quick stop at Joann's Fabrics.
I came home yesterday with fabric, patterns, thread, a pair of scissors, two plastic project storage bins, and more! It was great to "save" so much money with all the sales going on!
There were several more shops to see, but we ran out of time. By the same we were done with the Marathon we thought this might have been a good place to stop...but we did resist! We headed back to Sturgeon Bay with our treasures. Sunday noon I headed back home to north western Wisconsin. Peg's house is 596 miles round trip from home. She did all the shopping driving with me as the co-pilot. It was a fantastic weekend!


4 comments:
What a fabulous fun trip with your friend. So many beautiful Quilt shops.. Wish I could have come along for the ride.
I am looking forward to seeing your new projects in the future..
Lovely photos of the Grandchildren on your side bar Linda.
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. And it looks like you have a real fun person to go with to all the shops.
Wow! That's a lot of quilt shop-hopping! You didn't mention much about "marathon spending," which was no doubt part of the action. Glad you had a good - perhaps "once in a lifetime"? - time!
now that looks fun.
Sharon had a link on her blog so I thought I would come say hi and see what you like to do.
Post a Comment