Thursday, April 26, 2012

This gal is taking a weekend for ME!

Friday morning I am heading across the state to Sturgeon Bay.  It is located in Door County Wisconsin about a 5 hour drive.  Peg, college roommate, forever friend,  close as a sister,  lives near Sturgeon Bay on the bay side of Door County.   We are going to talk, laugh,visit quilt shops, laugh, go out to eat,  talk,  drink cappuccino on the deck over looking the bay, and just plain relax.  I will head back  home on Sunday afternoon.

After the challenges of the winter and spring with DH's heart, now with DS2's hand,  spending time with Haylee, helping her as she walks through her grief.  I need time for me.   I hope it doesn't sound selfish.

The surgery on DS2's hand was successful, but it will take several weeks before he regains use of his hand.  We are thankful it wasn't much worse..which it could have been.   DH has to have his heart checked in three weeks to see if it is holding normal sinus rhythm this time.  We didn't think it would go out again after the ablations in January.  Holding the same course with the strong heart medications that also cause side effects.

For my newer blogging friends. DH had the mitral valve replaced in his heart in January of 2010. Since then he has had three cardioversions ( where they shock the heart back into a normal sinus) and had cardiac ablations in both upper chambers.

p.s  The count down has begun.. 25 1/2 days of school before summer vacation...
I have started my list of this to accomplish this summer!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I don't think it sounds selfish at all, Linda! Sometimes we need a time of refreshing and I hope you are enjoying your weekend with your friend!!!