Saturday, April 7, 2012

Stash Damage

The most HORRIBLE thing happened today when I went shopping at the Busy Bobbin.  They were busy with only one gal working.  I had to wait to have my fabric cut.  So as I waited I kept looking and looking.  Meanwhile I am pulling more bolts off the shelves and adding them to my pile.  I finally left the store with 10 different fabric and each one was over a yard! (A couple were well over a yard).  Plus I bought two new patterns!  But, in my mind I could justify it-well partially.

 Last weekend was the 5th  Annual  St. Joseph Quilt Show.  It held in the gym of the Catholic school.  There were several fabric shops with booths.  The owner of the Busy Bobbin was handing out 20% off total purchase coupons to be used by April 14th.  Yesterday was my day to use my coupon!  The justifies it..right?


I did restrain myself quite well at the Quilt Show.  I only purchased one pattern.  I enjoy looking at the quilts. Some of them I studied closely looking at how they were pieced, colors, and quilting.  I did  learn that (patting my self on my back) I am learning to piece fairly well.  I have added something to own to my bucket list.  Someday I would love to have my own long arm.


I picked up cards and information from many of the vendors.  I can foresee a road trip this summer.

Have a wonderful Blessed Easter! 

P.S.  Please hold my DS-2 in your prayers.  He cut the top of his left hand on Wednesday night with a Dewalt  10 inch grinder. He severed one tendon and damaged another.  On Tuesday he has surgery for the doctor to go in and "catch" the tendon to reattach it to the finger.   We are thankful it wasn't more serious and that he was able to have medical treatment immediately. 


3 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Wish your DS the best and for a fast recovery. As for your bucket list, I just crossed that one off. Fell into one CHEAP. Keep looking you might find one in the most unexpected place.

WhiteStone said...

Praying that your son's surgery leaves his hand good as new.

Maria said...

All the best for your son's surgery and a quick recovery.