Our first stop was Thimbles Quilt Shop in Trego. It is a unique little shop with fabric displayed in four areas--many samples--panels and ideas.

From there we drove north to Hayward to visit the River's Edge Antiques & Quilt Loft. I had never shopped there before. It was great. The first floor is antiques--Red Wing Crocks and other speciality antiques. Part of the first floor and the entire loft is fabric. Check out what they have to say about their shop. Of course, we had to stop for lunch. We found the Backroad Coffee Bistro downtown in Hayward where I had the most delicious sandwich. It tasted as good as it looks!!!!!!!!
Last winter I purchased Beth Moore's " Praying God's Word--Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds." With everything going on with my family and at school, I wasn't able to start studying it. I picked it up off the nightstand a few days ago. I am going to journal on my other blog, Linda's Faith and Friends. It was a great day!!!



6 comments:
I'm glad to hear you had a play day with a special friend. Isn't it fun? I'm doing the same tomorrow with a blogger-quilting-friend. I can't wait for our get-together, which will be visits to two quilt shops, quilt-y chat (about The Modern Quilt Guild), and lunch at Chipotle Grill.
Hope you find meaning in your Bible study. Through my church I'm currently doing "One in a Million," by Priscilla Shirer.
Linda your new header is just fabulous. So nice to see all your family.
WOW wish I could have gone out with you too. What great shops. Have nothing like that here
;0)
I think you forgot something in your post......
ummm......where's the picture of all the loot purchased?
Thanks for sharing the link to River's Edge.
AMAZING new header picture. What a beautiful family, Linda.
Walking into a quilt shop always bedazzles me and puts me in awe!
That table full of strawberry jam does the same! Nice Work!
Field trips and play days are very important and you should definitely have more of them. That one with antiques and fabric would have put me over the moon - two of my favorite things to do. Judy C
I can imagine how delicious your house must smell after all of that strawberry jam. YUMQ! Glad you were able to enjoy some time out and about though, those quilt shops look tempting.
Post a Comment