Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Today's First Job

 
This is the plan for this morning, turning these strawberries into jam. My mom is going to get behind the wheel of her car for the first time since her fall almost two months ago to drive out to help hull the berries.  I was (am) rather reluctant to have her drive and to help.  However, I do realize that she is determined and I would rather have her that way than sit and not want to do anything or give up.

NO!  The Mallow Cups in the background are NOT mine!

6 comments:

Amy said...

YUMMMMM! WHERE did you get those? Ours on the side of the garden aren't even CLOSE to ripe yet; I'll admit I haven't been out of the house much to see if any vendors are in the area, though.
I need to get some too; we're on our last teaspoon of jam that we made last summer; no lie!
Enjoy! (making the jam, NOT eating the strawberries) :0)

Nancy said...

I did that last week.... 35 jars. But the berries will be so much better since they are your own.

good luck!!!

JudyCinNC said...

Who are you fooling - I know those mallowcups will be your reward for doing all those berries. Judy C sends her best.

Maria said...

Yum! Yes it is good your Mum wants to get up and go. I am sure she loves to come and help.

betty said...

sounds like a fun project and that is good that your mom wants to help out!! I'm sure she is eager to try to get back to be as independent as she can!

betty

Tracy said...

There not much better than having your own strawberry jam in the middle of the winter!