Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"To Do" list????

Before school is out I have a long mental "to do" list for the summer.  So far I haven't accomplished very much.  I have been busy--just not doing the things I thought I would be doing!
 For the summer I have Kasey and Cole with me every Friday.  That gives me a chance to spend time with them and saves on the day care bill for DIL-1.  Last week they were with me the entire week.  Princess Kasey became ill over the 4th of July.  She had a sore on her head the size of a dime-cried if anyone touched it-and didn't eat.   By Monday she was running a fever.  DS-1 & DIL-1 took her to urgent care.  The doctor did a culture on the puss  under a scab and blood tests.  He thought she had developed shingles.  They are finding it in young children occasionally as a result of the chicken pox vaccine.  She was a sick girl on Tuesday and Wednesday .  She was throwing up and running a temp.  Her head hurt so badly we couldn't comb her hair--even touching her face hurt.  To shorten the story---On Thursday they went in to see the doctor for a follow up.  She didn't have shingles she has Lymes Disease from a tick bite.  She is on strong antibiotics for three weeks three times a day.  After the first two days she is feeling better. The doctor thinks they have caught it in time that she shouldn't have long lasting effects from it.

DH has been on a heart monitor harness for three weeks---Imagine your DH wearing three patches that have wires attached with a monitor around his neck and a case with another monitor about 3" X 4" in a pouch attached to his jeans 24 hours a day.   The only time it was supposed to be disconnected was for showering.  The monitor with the screen was placed on a base during the night to send the info over the phone line to Cardionet.  Yep- it wasn't a pleasant three weeks.   This picture from Cardionet shows what he wore--also the weather was in the upper 90's!!!! He had the pouch fall several times as he climbed onto the tractor. 


So to save my sanity--at night I was creating MUF's  (Masterpiece Under Fermentation)!  I have pieced one skirt flimsy--started piecing a second one--finished the flimsy for a baby quilt--(Didn't finish in time for the party--so I gave her another one I made before.   I am not sure If I like the first one--It seems too busy-- I think some of the prints should have been solids.    The middle one has a piece backward--but I am not taking it apart!  I thought if I cut the opening going through the green the mistake will always be in the back of the tree!

DH and DS are on their way to Farm Technology Days about  2 1/2 hours away.  So I have a day to ME!  The first thing I'm doing is giving my kitchen floor a good scrubbing!!!!

7 comments:

Linda in Arkansas said...

So glad they found out it was Lymes Disease right away! I can't imagine wearing a heart monitor like that. How uncomfortable! And knowing your every move is being monitored. Yikes!

Your quilting is looking good though! Very pretty projects.

scraphappy said...

Sounds like life is getting in the way of all you need to do. Hope things settle down soon. My nephew had a monitor like that when he was little and an alarm went off whenever one of the wires fell off. Hope the results are good.

Amy said...

Lymes Disease gives me a scare! I hope and pray that recovery is quick and that there aren't any long-lasting effects.

And I bet I know where DH and DS are! ;0) About 4 miles away from my parent's place :0) Farm Technology days between Stratford and Marshfield?? My parents live in Stratford now and my inlaws are in Rosellville (small non-incorp town between Stratford and Marshfield).

ANYWAY, enjoy your time!!!!!!!!!!

FlourishingPalms said...

Wow. Lyme disease in a little one is scary. I'm so glad the doctor figured it out on the second visit. Poor little girl. I'm sure you gave her lots of quality attention. And though I know it wasn't in your summer plans, I'm also sure you're grateful that you could help the family in this way. Enjoy sewing, knowing your floors are sparkly, June Cleaver (or Donna Reed) clean!

betty said...

Glad they figured out what was going on with your little granddaughter! That is such a scary thing with the Lyme disease! I can imagine wearing that monitor was not fun, but I'm sure the info will be useful to the doctors!!

betty

Janet said...

The ticks have been terrible here with all the wet weather. I've had two of them this summer and I've often thought of Lyme disease. I'll be praying for Kasey and I hope she will be better very soon. I can't imagine my DH wearing that monitor. I hope the results are good news! You have lovely quilt projects. Isn't it great when you can scrub the floor and know no one will be coming in to walk on it before it's dry. I hope you can enjoy the rest of your summer.

Melanie said...

So glad the Lyme Disease was discovered early! I'll be praying for Kasey and your husband.
Your quilt pieces are beautiful. You do amazing work!!♥