Today is our 37th anniversary. Our wedding day was a cool and wet day like today. Wow! Did we look young (and skinny) or what! Little did we know what the road ahead was going to hold for us. The locket I wore was given to me by my maternal grandmother. It was given to her by my grandfather as a wedding gift. The date engraved inside is 1874. It was 100 years old the year I wore it. I wish I would have asked them all the questions-where and when did he get it. They were married in 1916. The locket was from a jeweler in Sioux City, Iowa.
Sometimes our greatest treasures have only sentimental value!

7 comments:
Happy anniversary! wishing you many more!
betty
Happy Anniversary Linda. Your wedding photo is precious; what a beautiful bouquet and locket.
Beautiful pictures - thanks for sharing. Judy C sends her best
Happy anniversary, Linda! I hope you had a good one.
Congratulations on 37 happy years. What a lovely time to remember.
What a lovely memento.
Happy Anniversary to a lovely couple!!!
Happy Belated Anniversary! I'm so far behind this month--I hope July is better. Loved the pictures and the locket. Nice picture of your family in the header. The grands are growing.
Post a Comment