Peg & I attended a
Ricky Tim's Super Quilt Seminar in Eau Claire one weekend in May. (
Alex Anderson and
Libbey Lehman were also presenters ) It was an adventure in MANY ways--Sometime I may write about the entire weekend. For now-one highlight was that I
WON a Baby GO cutter. I have ordered dies, and the other things needed to use it--I hope to try it out soon. It was great to meet one of my blogging friends, after they called my name as the winner, she came up and asked if I was Linda from Linda's Lines and Loves. It was like finding an old friend!
 |
| Look What I found--I still have my sewing machine!! |
I haven't worked on a quilting project since I finished Kasey's quilt several weeks ago. Life has been challenging. My mom is back in her apartment and doing better. It is going to be a slow recovery. I have been stopping to help her or calling everyday. DH's mother is 95 and lives in a local nursing home so I stop there also. I took in a simple runner that I made of spring fabrics to brighten her room.
A gal who I have known her entire life , she was a member of our 4-H club, her parents are great friends, and she was also my student aide when she was in high school just had her first baby. She and Tim are currently in Nebraska where Tim is training as a Physician's Asst. They will be home over the 4th of July for the holiday and a baby shower. I am working on a baby Quilt for Megan's baby girl.
Yep--if is simple--but by the time I finish with the prairie points and borders it will be good. Then I need to catch up on my McCalls BOM.
Our weather has been challenging--we are not complaining when we look at the tornadoes, flooding, fires and droughts across the country. The crops are finally in.. and DH has started cutting hay. ( We were at the cardiologist last week--His heart is staying in sinus rhythm with the medication! PTL!!!)
Until Next Time,
3 comments:
You lucky ducky!!!! So, between your Baby Go and my quilting frame, we certainly could do some damage :0)
I know all about "finding the machine" again....it's been a GREAT week back sewing! Hay season all around us too.....is this a bit late for first crop? It's been a cold spring (until LAST week! e-gats!!!)
That's so exciting you won a Go Baby! I can't wait to see what you 'crank out' with it!
We are late getting started with the hay too...we had so much rain this spring.
Congratulations to you Linda - what a wonderful new challenge you will have to look forward to once things settle a little. Keep us posted. Judy C
Post a Comment