Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A "Little" bit of quilting--and--Here we go again!

Sunday evening I pulled out the March/April issue of McCall's  Quilting to begin work on part 2 of "America the Beautiful."  I completed  trees #3,4,5,6,and 7 Blocks and Units.  Tree Blocks 1,2,8,9, and the Mountains Block are left for  part 2.

DH and I are off to Minneapolis Heart Institute at Abbott Northwestern Hospital this morning.  Our local hospital shocked his heart when he was hospitalized on Feb. 25.  However, when he went back on Monday this week his heart is again in Atrial fibrillation.   We called his cardiologist at Abbott and they told us to come in today.  Hopefully, they will be able to help.  Once again, I ask for your prayers.


Another Grandma story-- Whenever Conner was asked before Jessica was born what they would name the baby his response was always, "Robin Hood." Now when he  is asked the name of his new sister his response is,"Robin Hood Jessica Sweetheart."

Kasey is enthralled with her new cousin.  She gave her lots of kisses and wanted to hold her. Jessica and Katie are doing well.  In one week she regained her birth weight and is up to 7 lbs. 3 oz.


7 comments:

WhiteStone said...

Oh, I love the name given Jessica by her brother...I do hope that is written in full on her birth certificate!

Janet said...

Herb and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

betty said...

too cute about Connor's name for the baby! She is so precious there with Kasey!

hoping all goes well with Herb's appointment with the doctor

betty

Maria said...

Keeping you and Herb in my thoughts.
What a presious photo of Kasey and Jessica.
How cute is the name Connor has given his little sister.
Pleased both Mum and Babe are doing well.
You sure did a lot of lovely blocks.

JudyCinNC said...

Hopefully somebody will write that down in their "grandma book" inorder to save the memory.

Wish you and DH a safe journey and good medical results. Such a scary situation for you both. Judy C

Candace said...

You and your DH are in my prayers and my best wishes are with you for a good prognosis. Your Grandma stories are so enjoyable, thank you for sharing, also for sharing the lovely quilt you are working on and your beautiful grandchildren.

Sharon said...

Oh Linda! I'm seeing this late, but want you to know that I have said a prayer for your husband and I hope he is doing better!!! ((Hugs))