Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It is a SNOW DAY!

This picture is from my kitchen window looking north.  Usually we are able to see cattle eating at the round bales behind the barn.  DH went out to start plowing some of the drifts.  It will be difficult  because beneath the snow is mud.  We had rain and sleet last night before the snow started. He stopped in to tell me that it is a mess to plow with the truck because of the mud underneath it is difficult to have traction to push the heavy wet snow. The picnic table was on bare ground yesterday morning.

On the left is last week.  On the right is this morning.  We now have about 15 inches with more predicted and winds to 35 mph. It is difficult to measure the snow because it is blowing.

I just finished working on an IEP (Individualized Education Program) for one of my students.  It goes much quicker at home when I am not being interrupted by students or staff.


I pulled out several MUF's.  It looks like my Amy's BOM's  is going to be worked on first.  I found I have more blocks completed than I thought.  If I make five more blocks add sashing and borders.  I am thinking it would be large enough for our queen size bed?????  I am going to check out Wraggedy Patches to see how many blocks Candace used and the size of her quilt.

I will let you now later how much I have actually accomplished!
 A Snow Day cannot be wasted!!   

8 comments:

Janet said...

I like your red, white and blue blocks. Have fun sewing!

FlourishingPalms said...

I'm glad for you to have had a snow day! Last evening we had rain and thunderstorms here in Iowa, and now it's cold with a strong wind. But I'm grateful that all our snow is gone, and hopefully won't return until November. Nice for you to be able to stay home and enjoy your day. Good for you!

Julie Fukuda said...

Well, March came in like a lion and there isn't a whole lot left to put on some lamb-like qualities.

betty said...

that is a lot of snow!! I guess spring is getting dealyed a bit in your neck of the woods!

betty

Maria said...

You were hoping for a Snow Day. Pleased you are getting lots done. Go Girl and get your blocks finished and borders on. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt top.

Candace said...

I can't believe all the snow that you have, the only good thing is I don't imagine it will hang around long, but then more mud I imagine. I think that groundhog must not have been paying attention to your area. I love your blocks, I plan to do the rest of Amy's blocks, and I think I'll do them in Red, White and blue, too.

Linda said...

Hey, Linda, your blocks look great. I did mine in RW and blue and my first top is together. I have enough blocks to almost do another one. I need to make a few more. Here's a link to show how I put the first one together...
http://living4quilting.blogspot.com/2011/02/whoop-whoop-i-finished-my-red-white-and.html

I need to make the other one soon as I have promised it to a friend of mine for her DAR group.

Please keep all the white stuff up there, we are having spring weather right now and I don't want it messed up! Have a good time sewing today on your snow(sew) day.

Quilter Kathy said...

What great BOM blocks!