I stopped at our small town hall to vote after school. (It is an old one room school house converted into the town hall. There is no running water and the bathroom is a little building out behind the building). Usually I am somewhere between number 75 and 125 when I vote at 4:00. This year I was number 209. The three election clerks said it has been steady all day and the "rush" had not started yet. I am thankful I live in a country that offers me the privilege of voting and having it count. I have become tired of the continual mailings for the past two to three weeks and the continual radio ads where one is reporting that the other candidate is lying about them. However, this is also a privilege.
I am thankful for the men and women who have served to protect my right to vote. Daily I pray for those serving today and for their families at home.


2 comments:
The best thing about voting is that it means the ads and fliers and phone calls will be over very soon.
I voted and we had a good turn out too. I'm glad it's over so the ads will stop. I hate that the candidates get down and dirty and I just get sick of it.
Post a Comment