I went through a wide range of emotions when I opened a package I received in the mail on Tuesday. WOW! I became an online member of the "
Charming Girls Quilt Club" in July after being encouraged by my blogging friend, Sheila. There are a variety of things to participate in with the Charming Girls. One activity is a Secret Santa Christmas Swap. I thought--why not it may be a way to meet more blogging friends.

In my package I found a pillow and two machine embroidered /quilted pillow wraps. They are both absolutely beautiful. In all honesty, I was speechless and then I cried (and my tears don't come easily). Just to think that someone I have never met would send me such beautiful gifts. Vicki also enclosed an elegant handmade card and a very nice personal letter.
She is a very talented gal. I immediately emailed to thank her and received an great email back. I know if we could be closer we would be good friends. We decided this is the next best thing and I am looking forward to our friendship.
I have met so many great gals in a variety of ages, careers, and hobbies through blogging. I am honored to call you friends.
Now comes my dilemma. There is no way I could even begin to create a gift this beautiful for my Secret Santa gift recipient. So I hope when I put it in the mail--she will know that it is made in friendship and love.
7 comments:
Quilters are such very wonderful people. I'm sure that whatever you make to send to your secret person it too will be beautiful. I mean come on we've seen your work and it's fantastic.
What very pretty gifts, Linda. You are blessed, and you know you are! That's why you succumbed to tears. Sounds to me like God placed someone wonderful in each of your lives, at just the right time. From the outside looking in, it's beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
What beautiful gifts Linda. It is so nice meeting all our gorgeous bloggging friends. I am sure your gift will be lovley. I have seen many of your projects on your blog and they are look great.
Don't sell yourself short Linda, the things I've seen on here that you've made are amazing!
I know what you mean, I always worry if what I make is "good enough".
But,I am sure what ever you share will be beautiful and it will be given in love and friendship!!
Love the gift you received!
SheilaC
Those are beautiful pillows, and you have no reason to be in a dilemma. You are amazingly talented!!
I hope you have a great weekend. ♥
Absolutely gorgeous gifts from Vickie. What a talented lady she is and I am sure there must be more talent lurking out there for all of us to receive.
Post a Comment