Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fall In Wisconsin

It started snowing during the night and has continued throughout the day. We have about six inches of heavy wet snow blanketing everything.    Somehow no matter when it comes we are not quite ready for winter.  We have about 200 acres of corn yet to combine.   The guys worked last night on corn.  Combining 12 rows along  fields next to the roads so when the snowplows came through today they wouldn't be throwing the wet snow onto the corn.

While DH was combining last night, I worked on sewing together another Christmas tree skirt for a gift.  This was a new pattern.  I wasn't sure about it--but I like it.  I am changing it a little. I just finished quilting it.  Now-once again-comes the hard part-to cut out the center. I hope to do the handwork tonight.


Another Christmas project I have been working on is a runner for a gal at church.  I haven't decided what color to go with for the binding.  I was thinking of the green or black---Then I thought maybe I should use the same print as the red.  That would draw more attention to the pinwheel center.  Any suggestions?

I need to decide on the gift for my Charming Girls Secret Santa Gift Exchange.

It is going to be a busy week.  Late last summer I registered for a class at WITC in Rice Lake.  It is taught by the gal at Busy Bobbin  quilt shop.  The class is on two Monday nights teaching Machine Quilting.  The book she will be using is  "Foolproof Machine Quilting."  It will be the second quilting class I have taken. 

Tuesday and Thursday nights are parent teacher conferences.   Wednesday night is my night for a small group Bible Study through my church.  We are studying the book, "Self Talk Soul Talk" by Jennifer Rothschild.  

Have a great weekend.
                   

7 comments:

Tracy said...

EEEK! Snow! We've been having low 60's here but mid 30's at night.
Beautiful table runner...I see the cream color fabric as the binding! It would draw out that fabric in the center.

Melanie said...

The snow is so pretty! I love it!
Your Christmas projects are so beautiful! :)

WhiteStone said...

We managed to let this storm pass us by with only a light rain on our side of it. Your photo makes me shiver!

I always like a bold contrast of a border. But I'm sure it will look lovely whichever way you decide to go.

FlourishingPalms said...

Ah winter! I'm not ready for it yet either! For the table runner, I'd make binding from the dark green, like the fabric that's sashing the blocks. Ooo, I did a Jennifer Rothschild class once too - "Me, Myself and Lies." I hope you enjoy yours.

Maria said...

Just love your snow pictures Linda. It is getting HOT here.
Both your project are beautiful. I would put green an your table runner. Waht a nice pattern.
You are a busy lady. Out every night.Your quilting class sounds great.

Cindy said...

I should really start watching the news since I didn't realize you got snow. It's cold here but so far just rain.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh My....I am sooo not ready for this, but I know it's coming. I'm already planning how I can manage to not leave the house for the next several months. I don't think it's going to work, but I love a good plan! Stay warm!