My "Friday Night Sew-In" resulted in almost finishing another quilt for my "if the new grandbaby is a girl" . The first one I made is larger and is made of flannel. I thought--this baby needs a cotton quilt. I started it one night this week when I needed a mental break from thinking about school. Last night I pin basted it, did crosshatch across the middle section and loopy free motion stitching on the two borders. (Thank you Amy and Candace for the advice!) All that is left is the binding which I plan to finish tonight.After school I made a quick trip to my nearest quilt shop (25 minutes away-along with a needed trip to Walmart, Menards, and Farm & Fleet) to purchase my first quilt stencil and some basting spray. I have never tried either yet. I used the pins last
No baby yet, DIL-1's doctor still said she could deliver at any time! Maybe it is a girl--waiting for me to finish this quilt for her! I just spoke with DIL-1--a few twinges, she is going for a walk with Kasey-hoping to move things along!
Enjoy your day!
2 comments:
Jan gifted me a can of basting spray two years ago; I still have a little bit left. It IS nice on smaller projects; and I have found it works best with cotton (batting and fabrics).
I'm so excited to see you FMQing (free-motion-quilting); is this your first project???? I can't recall any other FMQ.
If I remember----I'll bring my tri-rec set to school on Monday; I won't be using them any time soon :0) This way, you can try them out before you cough up the $$$.
I love the pink quilt. It turned out really cute. I use the basting spray all the time. I like it.
Post a Comment