Monday, March 22, 2010

View from my Kitchen Window











This is the panoramic view from my kitchen window as I was washing dishes tonight. The pictures would go from left to right. There are Canadian geese swimming on the pond and eating in the corn stubble. In the back field there are deer eating. On Sunday morning I watched as a Trumpeter Swan worked to break the thin layer of ice that had covered the pond during the night.

(In the foreground is the road construction that wasn't finished last fall!)

6 comments:

Candace said...

You have a wonderful view from your kitchen window. I'll bet that it is beautiful all year long in one way or another. I have a field with cows to look at, but on the other side of our fence. I still enjoy them very much though.

sewfunquilts said...

Beautiful pictures....I tried to email you all about the blue/yellow raggy quilt on my blog....gave you full directions, but the email bounced back. Please send your email to: sewfunquilts@sbcglobal.net

and I'll resend you all the info.

Judy

Lori J said...

Hello Linda, Just passing through to say hello That scene looks so much like one we had years ago when we lived on a farm.
It seems so many gals have got into this quilting but I am afraid this girl would not be very good.

The Daily Snippet is SO true and I remember when I was bald during chemotherapy I joking said , "Now God I know you will remember how many I had before" It actually came in black and curly for awhile.

Blessings to you and yours.

ALBERTA Lori (holidaying in Arizona)

Roseanne said...

Thanks for coming over to my blog. Your view from your kitchen window looks wonderful..

betty said...

wow, I don't think I would ever get tired of doing dishes with a view like that! so much land and so much wildlife! It would be fun to watch it all :)

betty

WhiteStone said...

These photos remind me why some folk prefer to live in the country and not in town! Lovely!