
Last week Sheila of My Empty Nest is Full of Cat Hair posted pictures of plaques and quotes that she has in her home. This is a magnet that I have in my classroom. It is the motto we claim in my Special Ed. Classroom. There are never two days alike. Some days are extremely frustrating. There are general ed teachers who are extremely cooperative and willingly make accommodations and modifications in the general ed setting for the students. The same teachers who volunteer and participate on curriculum teams and school committees. Then there are others who will not give any extra consideration or assistance to the students.
This past week I could have pulled out a student's IEP (Individual Education Plan) in an attempt to enforce the aids and services on the program summary (I-14). However, I knew in the long haul it would anger the teacher, make things more difficult for the student, and I still need to work with the teacher. So instead, I take the inch she was willing to give and work harder to help the student succeed.
There--I vented, now to take a deep breath and go back in the morning to teaching and advocating for my students. That is after I go on-line with Skyward and work on an IEP and finish writing a reevaluation report on a student. No quilting tonight!
3 comments:
Oh I love that quote! And keep on being a great advocate and teacher for your kids! Bless you!
((HUGS))
Also a much needed quote in our hallways somedays... !!
heaven FORBID we hold ourselves accountable to uphold the profession we chose to follow...for the sake of the kids...
...yes, quite frustrating!
so again...a much needed quote!
ah, Linda, I feel your pain!! WHY can't we just all work together to do what's best for the kids?? I will just never understand those teachers that refuse to work in the best interest of the child.
Hang in there!! We need people like you!
SheilaC
Post a Comment