Saturday, January 2, 2010

HERE IT IS!


Kasey's Fuzzy Flowers--It is not huge (48" X 64") --But, just right for a two year old moving into a "big"girl bed before her baby brother or sister arrives this spring! After washing and drying it is fuzzy and soft! I will take it to her tomorrow after church. It involved much more than I had anticipated and I learned a lot doing it. I had never done applique before.

For Christmas we gave Kasey a wooden doll cradle. I bought foam to make a mattress and sewed a cover. Then I made a small doll quilt for her. The mattress cover and quilt back matches the back of her new quilt.

4 comments:

WhiteStone said...

Sweet gifts for an undoubtedly sweet little girl! Well done!

Amy said...

Perfect colors! I recall seeing this pattern in one of the magazines (last year)?
Also--YES, I am working on organizing another "Advanced Beginner" quilting class for Community Ed. Maybe I'll turn it into a sew-along via my blog as well...

Candace said...

Everything is so cute. I'm sure there was one happy little girl on Christmas and after church. Very Cozy.

Linda said...

Very cute. It looks like a lovable soft quilt. The little doll quilt is cute too. Very sweet. I just bought a doll bed from a quilter friend (her husband made it). I'm making a mattress pad for it. I'll be making a little quilt and a pillow for it too. I have a Thimbleanna doll (it was my favorite baby doll when I was small) that I bought for my birthday last year. I plan on giving this to my granddaughter when she's a little older. That gives me time to dedide what kind of quilt I want to make for it...