"New Year Wish! Every teacher in Wisconsin for one week could just teach their classes. Without any paperwork to fill out for government mandates, grants, programs, WKCE, ELL, Special Education, mentoring, PI-34, and any other testing or assessment program known to mankind. That
would be a great week :)."
We found out on Monday that Herb's heart surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 19. We go on Monday, 18th to meet with the surgeon and for the angiogram. That means I have to prepare for a sub for two or three weeks. I need to prep for daily instruction for 8 math levels, 6 reading levels, and 5 written language levels. I need to have "extra" material ready for the sub to pull from if she needs extra independent work.
The second quarter will end while I am gone. That means all grades need to posted on Skyward (on line grading for the district), quarterly goals reports written and given to gen. ed. teachers, and accompaning letter for each report card reflecting the amount of pullout services or support given to the student.
I have a LONG "to do" list on my desk at school of things to be completed before next Friday afternoon. Such as scheduling IEP meetings, finish writing an IEP, initial evaluation testing of a student recently referred for Special Education, oh--I need to teach next week also!HHMMM! No wonder I'm too tired at night work to on quilt projects! I am hoping to finish my UFO project enough to take it to the hospital with me to do the handwork while I am waiting. Has anyone read a good book lately you would recommend I take along?
8 comments:
I'm wondering when they are going to adopt "No Teacher Left Behind"
Hope all things go well for you!!!
Once upon a time I went back to college and had to choose between a business degree or education. I chose business. Later I was thankful I did. Teachers have my highest regard but I would never be able to do the tremendous job that all of you do. My hat is off!
Hope all goes well with the surgery! God bless you all.
It is amazing that any of us find time to teach amongst all of that. Jenniefer Chaiverini had a new book out recently. One of her short holiday specials, not a full novel, but it is always fun to read stories with quilting.
That is the only reason I am hesitant to go for certification... now as a para I spend all my time with the kids.... quality time.
Mountains of paperwork and meetings are not my friends.
Hang in there!! Sending out good thoughts for your husband.
SheilaC
I couldn't agree more with the teacher posting! Ohio has the same "teaching to the test" philosophy.
BTW..I'm reading Sophie Kinsella's Twenties Girl right now. It's a fun, light read which is probably a good thing for the hospital. You and Herb will be in my prayers.
I've always said they never pay teachers enough for everything they have to do! The very best of luck to your hubby on his surgery...my mom is having cataract surgery on Jan. 25th and I will be taking care of her. Not sure yet if she'll be coming here or if I'll be staying at her place. xoxo
I would never be able to do the tremendous job that all of you do. My hat is off!
Work from home India
Post a Comment