Let's see..One morning while I was getting ready for school the sunrise from my kitchen window was beautiful.
The rest of the day I was singing the Cat Stevens song: Morning Has Broken.
Morning has broken like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the Word
Sweet the rains new fall, sunlit from Heaven
Like the first dewfall on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass
Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day
Another day this was the view from my kitchen when doing dishes.
Once again, I made an attempt at fall decorating. All of the
"props" are things I have found around our farm in sheds or things DH has
brought home from farm auctions for me.
With all the beauty of fall, it is still a difficult time of year. The week when the leaves are at their ultimate brilliance is the anniversary week that our oldest son was killed in a farm accident. He was four years old at the time. Yes, time does heal wounds, but it is something that stays deep in your heart always. On the anniversary the memories are there more vividly than other days and difficult to keep emotions hidden. I am so very thankful I took this picture a few hours before he was killed.
I am so very blessed.
.png)
2 comments:
Such beautiful views from your kitchen window. Lovely Autumn garden too.
My heart goes out to you and your DH each year at this time but you are blessed with your gorgeous family.
A beautiful photo of your darling Grandies and you...
Hugs Maria. XXX
Thanks for the anniversary wishes :) Such a blessing you have with your grandchildren. I am so sorry that the fall time does bring back the loss and memories of your precious young son. Happy belated birthday and I am glad that now with the daughters-in-love, you are able to have your special day's celebration.
betty
Post a Comment