Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Time to Regroup

Usually I post a picture FROM my kitchen window.  Yesterday afternoon I needed a break from cleaning,  so I went for a walk in the woods to enjoy the beautiful fall day.  This is a picture FROM the woods TOWARDS my kitchen window.  If you compare this picture with the header picture you are able to see where I was standing. It was a great time to regroup.

On my walk I saw three whitetail deer, the leaves were falling from the trees and the wind was gently blowing them around.   Thankfully, I didn't meet up with any of the bear we have been seeing!

Tomorrow afternoon will be challenging.  After school I am going to meet with a young couple in a neighboring community whose young son was killed in a tractor accident on Saturday afternoon.  This is something I have done many times since our son was killed. The couple have asked for me to meet with them to help them make it through the days ahead.  I go in to listen and to share.  This first visit will be to share their grief and help them to find the strength to make it through the next few days and weeks.  My next visit  will be to help them adjust to the daily grief.  I am always careful to let them know how it was for us.  I never tell the what they should do or should be feeling.  
One thing I don't tell them now is that the pain never goes away.  They will learn to live with it and that helps the healing.

This one has hit closer than most.  A young little boy run over by a tractor on their farm.
  Lots of memories returned that have been buried deep for both DH and myself. 

If you are a praying person, please hold this family in your prayers,







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so good of you to meet with people who need you so much. Thinking of you, and this family.

Melissa Crosby

Maria said...

My heart goes out to both the family , you and your DH.
Praying for all.


Melanie said...

Oh, I will be praying for you as you meet with this family. I cannot imagine the pain they must be feeling. How kind of you to help them even when it's not easy for you and your husband. Hugs to you all.♥