Question. How do you determine what to charge for a quilt? I have requests for my John Deere baby quilts. It uses approx. 3 1/2 yards of fabric plus batting. I posted a picture of the quilt I made for grandson #3 on a facebook page for quilters when they asked for photos of quilts made for sons or grandsons. Several people asked if I would sell them. I have enough of the tractor fabric to fussy cut squares for 2 quilts. It is not available any longer. All suggestions will be appreciated! Thank you!
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
How do you know what price to put on a quilt?
Not only did I not "Spring Forward" when daylight savings time started last week. I also discovered that I don't bounce! I wiped out on the ice walking into school last Thursday. The clinic did an xray of my left wrist and put it in a brace. I found out today there is a hairline crack.

Question. How do you determine what to charge for a quilt? I have requests for my John Deere baby quilts. It uses approx. 3 1/2 yards of fabric plus batting. I posted a picture of the quilt I made for grandson #3 on a facebook page for quilters when they asked for photos of quilts made for sons or grandsons. Several people asked if I would sell them. I have enough of the tractor fabric to fussy cut squares for 2 quilts. It is not available any longer. All suggestions will be appreciated! Thank you!
Question. How do you determine what to charge for a quilt? I have requests for my John Deere baby quilts. It uses approx. 3 1/2 yards of fabric plus batting. I posted a picture of the quilt I made for grandson #3 on a facebook page for quilters when they asked for photos of quilts made for sons or grandsons. Several people asked if I would sell them. I have enough of the tractor fabric to fussy cut squares for 2 quilts. It is not available any longer. All suggestions will be appreciated! Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Uh,oh! Hope your wrist heals soon!
:-}pokey
Hope your wriasts heals soon.
It is really hard to put a price on a quilt...But I would not sell a Baby size quilt for under $150 Aussie....
If you cannot get anymore of that fabric are you sure you wish to use it and not keep it for yourself??
Oh so sorry about your mishap! I hope you heal quickly.
I never know what to charge either and wind up not charging enough. I saw baby quilts in the local quilt shop priced at between $35 and $60. But I saw where someone on a blog was paying them self $10 an hour to make a quilt. I doubt anyone in my area would pay any more than $35 or $40 for a baby quilt. And I seriously doubt I could tack on $10 an hour plus the cost of making one.
I recently made a queen size log cabin quilt for a friend and charged $145. She felt it was worth more than that and gave me $170, so I'm thinking that might be what I could charge for that size in the future. I also made several tee shirt quilts for a different friend and charged $120.
I hope you figure it out!!
So sorry about your wrist. I hope it heals quickly.
Sorry to say, I can't help you with the prices. Whatever you decide, I would up the price since the fabric is no longer available...
Post a Comment