Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Night Sew In

Last week I saw this quilt in McCall's Quick Quilts.  I decided it would go together quickly.  Also it would give me a chance to try applique.  


 
With a few revisions, here is mine.  The flimsy is ready to be sandwiched.
That will have to wait until my wrist heals.

 I was pleasantly surprised how easy the applique went on.  Now I am ready to try again!

 Sunday afternoon this baby girl quilt will be opened by a mom to be. I think I will have to look for another pattern.  I have made this several times and have liked it each time.

 
Enjoy your weekend.

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Very nice. It will make a lovely gift.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

What a sweet quilt top! So cute!!

Sharon said...

It turned out great Linda! I really like the little pink baby quilt! The mom is going to be thrilled to receive such a special gift!
I hope your wrist feels better soon!

Pokey said...

you've done great, hurting wrist and all. The star quilt is going to be a real cute one! Take care of your wrist, Linda!
:-}pokey

Linda said...

Oh, your quilt turned out so cute and I love your colors. The pink baby quilt is cute too. I make a real simple baby quilt and it goes together really quickly. It uses 3 1/2" X 6 1/2" bricks and 3 1/2" squares. I call it baby bricks but I've heard it referred as streak of lightning too. Check out my blog and you will see it in pink...very simple and quick to make. I use up scraps for this one too and it's fun.