Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering..1963...1986...2001

There are three events that have occurred in our country that I will always remember where I was when they happened. The first was the assassination of President Kennedy and the events.  
Remember when John John stood to salute his father's casket as it left the church, the riderless horse during the procession?


The second was the Challenger Explosion.

And...what we will never forget, and changed our lives forever.
9/11/2001

If you have a family member who has ever served in our country's military, please thank them.

In Prayer for Our Nation,

5 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I wasn't here for the first one, but def. will forever remember the second two. :(

Belinda said...

I was so young when JFK was assassinated, that I only remember a little of the funeral on tv. I was out walking when the Challenger tragedy happened, and when I got back inside, my husband told me what happened, it was on the tv and we silently watched the replay. I was at work at the library when the towers fell. We had a television we used for showing videos, and I pulled it up to the front of the library and we watched in horror. Such terrible things, and a reminder that we must be ready for the end when it comes. No matter how that might be.

Linda said...

I'm right there with you. I remember my teacher coming in crying and telling us about JFK. I was in 2nd grade and still remember her being so upset and one of my friends crying when she told us about it. I totally agree with what you say about knowing where you are when these things happen. It's like these events are etched into our hearts and memories forever. My heart and prayers go out to our nation. It's hard to believe it's been 11 years since 9/11!

Renegades said...

My mom tells of JFK's death. I was in grade school when the Challenger exploded. Pregnant with my second when the towers came crashing down. We have a niece that was born on Sept. 11. A blessing in a nightmare of a day.

momto8blog said...

yes...definitly thank our heroes. our family prays for all of our troops every single night. those tragic events are etched in all of our memories....and everyone remembers the moment they found out the twin towers were hit...
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.