Saturday, March 17, 2012

FNSI Results


1st: I finished quilting Hawke's John Deere quilt.  This is the first time I have pieced the backing.  I only had one yard of the backing fabric so I pieced two strips to line up for the ducks and teddy bears.  Then I made a few more green and orange blocks.  It is also the first time I have sewed the binding by machine.


After the John Deere Quilt came the table topper I'm making for one of the para-educator's in my classroom for her April 1st.  She is an awesome gal who works one on one with one of my students with Down's Syndrome.  This student  is non verbal and very low functioning.  They recently moved into  a cabin in the woods.  I thought the Northern Botanical fabric be great in her home.  I used it to practice my FMQ.  This binding I sewed by hand.

Since Michigan State was still playing..(Big Ten School) I pulled out the quilt for Travis & Becky's "if I'm a boy."  I finished hand sewing the binding.  The "If I'm a girl" and "If I'm a boy" quilts are ready when he/she decides to arrive!

Tonight the Badgers, Indiana and Ohio State all play.  I just may have a Saturday Night Sew In also!



6 comments:

Janet said...

You got a lot done last night. The baby quilts are so cute. I'm sure she will love the table topper. It's a good feeling to "finish"!

Maria said...

Linda both your boy quilts are really gorgeous.
Did you like machine sewing the binding?? I always do that. Much faster and stronger.
Lovely table topper for your special caring lady in the classs.

pinsandneedles said...

You were busy. Great job!

WhiteStone said...

It's always so gratifying to finish a project! You did well!

Linda said...

Great finishes! Your back looks great. The table topper is very nice and I know she will like it. I didn't get very much done for the FNSI but I enjoyed myself...

Sharon said...

Linda! Your FMQ looks great!! She is going to love the beautiful table topper you made for her! The John Deere is SO cute!!!