As the weather forecast became a Winter Storm Warning, all the kids and teachers were thinking "Snow Day." I didn't want to count on it because Mother Nature has tricked us before. However, this time it did arrive with 16 inches of very heavy wet snow. I had planned on a "ME" day...thinking of all the projects I could work on. That all changed with a phone call....My "ME" day became a Grandma day...The roads were so terrible that DIL-1 asked if we could have Kasey and Cole with us so they didn't have to make the usual 35-40 minute ride to day care. It took DIL-1 almost 90 minutes to drive to work.
DH used the tractor and loader to move the snow out of the yard. He pushed a few piles close enough near the house for us to play on in the afternoon when it stopped snowing.
They had great fun climbing up and rolling down the hills.
DH spent the entire day opening up neighbors and friends drive ways with his pickup and plow.

Kasey summed it all up with her "thumbs up" before we finally came in. So my "ME" day became a very special and blessed Grandma day.
After DIL-1 came for the kids, I did pull out the baby girl quilt I had sandwiched the night before. I quilted it and only have the binding to finish. Next I started quilting the baby boy quilt. I just finished it except for the binding.
5 comments:
What a great day you had. Those sweet little ones will always remember the fun day they had with you. I love Grandma days. Nola
Oh that is just so sweet! So nice to have a Grandma day instead of a "me" day. I see that you are reading The Shelter of God's Promises. Sounds interesting. How do you like it? I just finished Heaven is for Real and really enjoyed it.
While your plans for a snow day didn't quite fill out as you planned, they sure were special, I think. You made good memories, huh? Your grandies must have had a great time playing in the snow as they did. Honestly, I'm glad it was YOU who had the snow and not us! I don't miss it a bit this winter, here in Iowa.
What fun in the snow they had! Great memories!! I really love that pinwheel quilt. It is so adorable!!!
Oh Linda what a fabulous GRANDMA Day. What fun to play in the snow and make Snow Angels . Definately thumbs up Kasey...
And you did get to stich too.
Post a Comment