Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Finally a Finish!

 
Last fall before our special friend, Nancy, lost her two and half year battle with cancer at 56 years old,  I promised I would make quilts for her grandbabies when they arrived.   She had been unresponsive for a few days when her DS and DIL told her they were expecting a baby  in the spring.  She opened her eyes, sat up and smiled at them before she lie back down with her eyes closed.  It was one of her last responses.  

The baby is due the first week of April. This will be the  if "it" is a girl quilt. I just finished hand sewing the binding.  I also stitched the binding to the "boy" quilt so only  hand sewing  is left.  Hopefully, I will finish that tomorrow night.  (While watching the Wisconsin Badger's play basketball!)

Life has been extremely challenging the past two and a half months.  I am so thankful I have my quilting to take my mind off of things for a while at night.  I turn on my music, sew, think, and pray.

Until next time--"value"  the special people in your lives!




3 comments:

Maria said...

What a beautiful promise to keep for your friend Linda.
Both Quilts are lovely. I am sure she is watching you as you stitched them.

WhiteStone said...

Well, I would have typed the same words as Maria.
Promise well kept.

FlourishingPalms said...

What a blessing you are to Nancy's son and DIL! You're such a caring person, even going to the effort of making a pink AND a blue quilt, when most quilters would just have made one neutral, all-gender quilt. You're a very special friend, Linda. God's smiling at you.