Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A discovery!




 Last week I attended a two day training at Star Academy in River Falls, Wi.   The night I stayed there I drove to Hudson, WI.  I discovered a unique shop called, "The St. Croix County Dry Goods".  It  is a mixture of antiques, fabrics,  complete with the old store displays, and punched tin ceiling.  It gives you the feeling of stepping  back in time to an old general store.
The fabric's are displayed with the antiques.  She has many of the "flour sack" fabrics and excellent variety of other fabrics. 
  Of course, I couldn't walk away without making a  purchase. I think it will be a destination quilt shop hop for our next trip!

The weekend of July 23 we made a quick trip to Sturgeon Bay, Door County Wi to celebrate Bob and Peg's birthdays and a housewarming.  It was great to see their kids, grandkids,  families and friends.  Peg is my friend/sister/ college roommate/ bridesmaid with whom I go with on adventures.  We try to get together at least once or twice a year. 
On the way back from Peg's party  I worked on the hand sewing to finish  two MUF's table runners. 

2 comments:

Maria said...

It looks like a fantastic store to do a little shopping in. Of course you have to bring something home. LOL
Lovely new profile photo.

Anonymous said...

We sooo have to go to that shop!! We can do that on the way to Dar's sometime! I can meet you in Hudson, we can shop our way to Dar's.

Love, "sis" Peg