Rachel's dad is a friend of DH's. Ever since she was a preschooler she has been coming to our farm with her dad. One time they stopped in I was baking cookies. She helped me and took several home. Every year since we have had a cookie baking day. Today was her day. There were plenty of other things I could have been doing this afternoon. But, today was Rachel's day. I spent the morning working in my classroom and then picked her up after 7th grade volleyball.
I mixed up the sugar cookie dough last night. I do the rolling out and she cuts them out. I mix the white frosting and she mixes the colors. From there she takes over frosting and decorating while I clean the kitchen. This year I showed her how to use a paper cone and decorating tips. She takes a plate for each brother and the rest home for her mom and dad.
7 comments:
Aah, Cooking with grandkids, what fun! Good thing you had the camera handy. I alwaysget too busy and forget.
What a lovely way to spend the day. Such a nice reminder that we should all stop from time to time to enjoy the litte moments.
Yummy!
How nice to spend time cooking with the young ones.
Love the new header photo. So cute.
Oh yay! I'll have a "personal-touch" story to share with Rachel on the first day of school! Thanks for sharing. Such a kind heart ;0)
T-minus 5 days -n- counting....
Ah, how sweet. What a great story and memory you are making with your young friend. We should all make time for the young people in our life.
Cute pic on your header! Following in his Papa's footsteps...
that is such a kind thing to do! I bet it is neat to have that time with her and then to make those delicious cookies! Time well spent I think!
betty
Post a Comment