This is the 28th year I have set out this Nativity Set. I purchased it the year our four year old son was killed in a farming accident on our farm. It is one way we have for Travis to be a part of our Christmas. It makes the season a little easier. As Christmas gets closer I will share other things we do in his memory.
I have been listening to Christmas Music as I set up my Nativity Scene. This is one of my very favorite Christmas songs. The title link is sung by Clay Aiken with scenes from The Passion. The second link is Mark Lowry singing. His version always sends chills while I listen to it. How thankful I am that Christ was sent at Christmas for each of us!
Mary did you know
That your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Mary, did you know
That your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know
That your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered
Will soon deliver you
Mary, did you know
That your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary, did you know
That your baby boy will calm a storm with His hand?
Did you know
That your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby
You've kissed the face of God
Mary, did you know?
The blind will see
The deaf will hear
And the dead will live again
The lame will leap
The dumb will speak
The praises of the Lamb
Mary, did you know
That your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary, did you know
That your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know
That your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding
Is the Great I Am
Oh Mary did you know?
Linda
6 comments:
Thank you for your prayers and sweet comment on my blog. I had to leave my farm and animals because of separation from husband. I am very blessed to be able to come back near my daughters and grandchildren. Each day is a blessing.
Hi Linda:-)
Thank you so much for coming by to visit me...Peggy and I "adopted" each other when we found each other's blogs! lol
I love your nativity and such a heartfelt story behind it. I lost a baby in 1979 on Dec. 20th and I also have two special ornaments given to me in his memory which I put up every year in a place of honour on my tree:-)
I also love the song Mary Did You Know and especially love the Clay Aiken's version. Last year I bought his Christmas cd and have been playing it quite a lot this past week.
Enjoy this wonderful time of year and please drop by again:-) xox
that is a beautiful Nativity scene! a fitting tribute to remember Travis by! I love that song! Mary was such a willing servant of our Lord! I wonder how I would have been
betty
I love the nativity scene that you display. That is a sweet thing to do in your son's memory. Nativity's put everything about the season in perspective....Jesus being the reason that we are truly celebrating!!
Mary do you know is my absolute favorite song also...It touches the heart :)
Definitely a lovely way to remember your beloved son. Bless you.
My nativity set is up, too, finally!
I love "Mary Did you Know". I sang it many times in church. The words are just wonderful, are they not? Thanks for sharing! Kerrie
Post a Comment