Two year old Kasey spent Friday with me instead of going to daycare. I had put all my sewing things away when preparing for everyone coming for Thanksgiving. (My dining room table doubles has my sewing table). Last summer she watched as I sewed the baby quilt for her new cousin, Tatum. I posted pictures in July of her climbing onto the chair and "sewing". Each time she comes she wants to sew hearts, stars, and now we added bells. She pushes my hands away to place her two fingers on the fabric to guide it along. I tried to have her look at me to take a picture to use on our Christmas letter. Her response was, "No Cheese Gramma!" In Kasey talk that means she won't smile or look at you! When she is finished she looks at her sewing and says, "I did it!"
Saturday, November 28, 2009
"Sew Hearts Gramma"
Two year old Kasey spent Friday with me instead of going to daycare. I had put all my sewing things away when preparing for everyone coming for Thanksgiving. (My dining room table doubles has my sewing table). Last summer she watched as I sewed the baby quilt for her new cousin, Tatum. I posted pictures in July of her climbing onto the chair and "sewing". Each time she comes she wants to sew hearts, stars, and now we added bells. She pushes my hands away to place her two fingers on the fabric to guide it along. I tried to have her look at me to take a picture to use on our Christmas letter. Her response was, "No Cheese Gramma!" In Kasey talk that means she won't smile or look at you! When she is finished she looks at her sewing and says, "I did it!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful time!
Kasey's so cute! she'll be a "pro" sewer before long!!!
(see I thought I recognized your blog's name but then I couldn't remember if I checked it out or not; I know how I found you; you had left a comment on Linda's World (from Washington blog) so I checked on your picture and the rest is history, LOL)
I added myself as a follower; looking forward to getting to know you better :)
betty
Linda, the picture of your little helper is just too cute.
Peg
Post a Comment