Friday, December 25, 2009

Good Morning-Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas,
Good Morning--Christmas came even though I am not prepared. However, last night as I sat at the Christmas Eve service with our sons, daughters-in-law and love, our three grandchildren, and Herb at my side, I realized that we have all we need. Following service we all went to my mother's for a light dinner where we laughed and enjoyed each other.

My gifts this Christmas include:
* the doctors were able to remove from the penny from Conner's esophagus
*the doctors are going to repair Herb's heart and he will finally feel better
*I have friends I can count on to listen-Thanks Sis!
*My sons and their families live close to us so we are able to a part of the kids growing up.


Today Todd, Marie and Kasey have left home to spend Christmas and the next few days with her family near Albert Lea, MN. I am praying for their trip with the road conditions. Chad, Katie, Conner, and Tatum are spending Christmas with her family at Hayward , WI. I realize that when you have sons--they spend the holiday with the girl's families. So today--Herb and I are spending a low key day. I will be working on a few projects I need to finish before everyone comes here on Sunday for our day of eating, celebrating, and opening gifts!

Have a very special day!
Linda

3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

We get to virtually sew together today, Linda! I love the low key Christmas day! Looking forward to seeing what you're working on! Merry Christmas and enjoy the day!

betty said...

I think it is hard when our kids grow and they try to figure out how/where to spend the holidays and they also need to make their own traditions. It is good that you realize your sons will most likely go to their wifes' families and accept it rather than "put up a fight" for them to celebrate with you. And then it also extends the holiday because you get to celebrate it on more than one day and as long as family is together, no matter when, it is always a celebration|

enjoy :)

betty

Julie said...

Hi, Linda. You are "no reply" on your comments, so I could not reply to your comment on my blog. Here is the address for my new blog:
http://mysewingobsession.blogspot.com/
Hugs,
Julie