Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Last weekend Herb and I attended Monica and Eric's wedding in Kaukauna. It was a beautiful wedding with Monica as a gorgeous bride and Eric a handsome and proud groom. On Sunday we
drove up to Bob and Peg's home on the bay near Sturgeon Bay to spend Sunday and Monday with them as they unwound from their youngest daughter's wedding.

On Monday when the guys drove to Algoma to visit Chris's farm, Bob and Peg's son, Peg and I relaxed for a couple of hours. She had signed up to learn to quilt the same week I did last winter without the other one knowing and on opposite sides of the state. Monday she taught me how to use the Easy Dresden template to make this mini table topper. I worked on it this afternoon. The most difficult part was finding something large enough for a pattern for the backing fabric!

Peg took me to an awesome quilt shop in Sturgeon Bay Barn Door Quilts. I officially did stash collecting of fall fabrics, two of them I used for the Dresden.





This afternoon, before I allowed myself to work on the Dresden Plate topper, I made myself finish mending the nine pairs of Todd and Chad's jeans I started last night. When I called Chad to tell him that I had finished mending four pairs of jeans for him, his comment was, "Good, there is another pile at home I will bring those up to you." With one "boy" wearing 36 X 36 and the other wears 38 X 34, there is a long slim leg to work with trying to sew on the patches.

Have a great week--try to stay warm and out of the snow!
Linda

1 comment:

Granny Lyn said...

I love that table topper, the fabrics are wonderful!!

I admire your gumption (and your machines gumption) for fixing all those jeans!!! tough to sew and hard on the wrists! good for you!