October 3, Herb and I attended the weddingof Monica and Eric. Monica is the daughter of one of my college roommates, Peg. There were four of us who were close in college and three of us have remained good friends since we graduated from U.W. Stout a "few" years ago. We have experienced each others weddings, new babies, our children's graduations and weddings, now becoming grandparents, illnesses, death of a child, and death of parents. Always, being there for each other throu
Last weekend was Ben and Sadie's wedding. The ceremony was held outside--weather was beautiful! Ben's parents have been friends of ours for several years. Ben's mom is the paraeducator in my classroom. It
was a small wedding, with only family and a few close friends--we described it as being "simple, elegant and intimate." As Pastor Chopper stated at the beginning of the ceremony, "Ben, you look very handsome and Sadie you are stunning." Where would we be without friends in our lives.I hope to spend some time working on granddaughter Kasey's "Fuzzy Flowers" quilt this weekend. I hope to have it finished by her 2nd birthday, November 18. I will post pictures as I make more progress.
Have a wonderful weekend! It is still snowing!!!!!!!
Linda
P.S. For those who follow Amy's Passions, her volleyball team is in regional tournament play tonight!
5 comments:
Yup! It is Wisconsin one week a wedding outside the next snow! It is miserable on the east side of the state..rain, rain, and wind. Keep our little Evelyn in your prayers, she has pneumonia and the double ear infection again. Poor little thing just keeps fighting!
Oh Linda---THANKS for sharing the pic of Sadie and Ben. I saw Julie this week and someone asked her about the wedding -- I hadn't realized they had gotten married!!! The are such an adorable couple!!! Genuine high school sweethearts.
THANKS for the lil' comment re: Regional vball! EXCITING victory last night! The snow sure didn't affect us, but I wonder how our Cross Country runners did.
This AM the girls woke up and were excited to see all the "white stuff!" I guess it's all about one's attitude towards it, huh? :0)
Reminds of when we lived outside of Waukesha - snow came usually by Thanksgiving and stayed until April or May. PA got some snow last weekend but it was north of us - we just got rain. Today it's in the 60's and raining - great day for quilting.
Judie
Wow, the snow is beautiful but not until the crops have been harvested. We have had so much rain here in NW Indiana that most farmers are trying to get the beans done before hitting the corn but with it raining every other day it is going slowly. What wonderful friends and it looks like the wedding was a wonderful time. What would we do without our friends?? Can hardly wait to see how Amy's girls do. I will be rooting for them!
Hi Linda, thanks for stopping by my Blog. And here I thought I was the only Linda out there~LOL! I also have a travel Blog. Since retirement my friend Bob and I hit the road from time to time in is Chevy truck with a 10 ft camper on the back. You can find it at; http://packyourbagsletsgo.blogspot.com/. We took a trip to southern Calif in May & June, a trip up to Washington's Olympic Peninsula in August and then in Sept we went to eastern Washington. Right now I'm in the middle of the Olympic Peninsula adventure. We are still have pretty good weather. Yesterday it was near 60* and sunny. This morning is at a cool 41* and sort of overcast. Perhaps rain? We'll see...Linda in Washington state
Post a Comment