Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Trying!!!!

Good Morning,
I am trying -with my limited technological knowledge--to work on my blog site. I found how to do a signature--but can't download it permanently! Also, I 'm trying to add something special to the sides of the blog! ( Nancy at Patchwork Penguin always has awesome blog sites!) Plus, I would like to be able to add links to other bloggers sites.

I decided to participate in Amanda Jean's Crazy Mom Quilt's quilt-a-long. I am using retro 30's prints. Her plan is to sew a 9-patch square a day for 70 days. I had planned to use these fabrics for my kitchen valances. I started with the squares and found that a finished 6 inch square may be two large for the valance. So I will try cutting each piece 1 1/2 ".

I worked on these yesterday when I had 20 month old Princess Kasey here. (Tuesday has been Grandma and Kasey day for the summer.) She wasn't feeling well. She didn't want to eat and had slept most of the morning. Around 11:00 she asked, "Juice peese Gamma." 15 minutes later her breakfast and the juice came back up. It was frightening for her. As she slept most of the day, I either held her or when she slept sat and sewed on the squares. I learned having a sick grandchild is even more heart wrenching than when your child is sick!!! She is back today rather than going to her usual day-care.

1 comment:

scraphappy said...

Your nine patches are looking great. They would be adorable in a a smaller square too though. I hope your granddaughter is feeling well soon. It is so hard to seem them sick.