
Many years ago, when he was young and little, Chad asked for "cloth" pie for his birthday. It took a great deal of mind searching to realize what he wanted was French "Silk" pie. When I asked him if that was what he meant--he said, "Yah! That cloth pie." So to this day it is referred to as Chad's Cloth Pie.
I made four pies this weekend as we celebrated his birthday with our family and his in-law family.
If you are ever looking for an easy and great tasting chocolate pie this will fit perfectly!
Chad's Cloth Pie
1 Cup sugar
3/4 cup butter--only butter*
3 squares (3 ounces--Semi Sweet Chocolate squares, melted and cooled)****
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
In a small mixer bowl cream sugar and butter about 4 minutes or till fluffy. Stir in cooled chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on medium speed of mixer after each addition and scraping sides of bow constantly. (I beat in each egg for two minutes.) It will be creamy smooth. Pour into crust.** Chill several hours or overnight. Garnish with chocolate curls or whipped cream.
* ONLY REAL BUTTER!!
** I use a prepared Graham Cracker crust.
***I always use Semi Sweet Chocolate
3/4 cup butter--only butter*
3 squares (3 ounces--Semi Sweet Chocolate squares, melted and cooled)****
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
In a small mixer bowl cream sugar and butter about 4 minutes or till fluffy. Stir in cooled chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on medium speed of mixer after each addition and scraping sides of bow constantly. (I beat in each egg for two minutes.) It will be creamy smooth. Pour into crust.** Chill several hours or overnight. Garnish with chocolate curls or whipped cream.
* ONLY REAL BUTTER!!
** I use a prepared Graham Cracker crust.
***I always use Semi Sweet Chocolate
3 comments:
Looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe!
Cute story and yummy recipe!
Thanks for adding my button to your blog!
How sweet! Your blog just made me hungry! LOL Thanks for stopping by my blog, love to meet new quilters. Welcome!
Post a Comment