Monday, July 6, 2009

Frustration!


I finished the top of the soon to be Christmas Tree skirt. I was ready to start on the sandwich when I realized I was short about 6 inches of backing. So I have to wait until Wednesday when I will be going to Rice Lake to pick up backing fabric. DH's comment, "How are you going to get that around a Christmas Tree?" When I responded I would cut a hole in the center and up one side--he looked at me with that "look." I am thrilled with how it turned out. I ran into one problem-I have no idea what I did wrong-but was able to fix. I am anxious to finish it.

My next challenge is to learn how to machine quilt with "stipples." Amy of "Amy's Passions" blog sent the link to a tutorial by "Crazy Mom Quilts". Some day I will learn how to add links to other sites.

I learned today that the little guy I wrote about earlier this summer, after three trips to the specialist, has been diagnosed with "Williams Syndrome." Please keep this young family in your thoughts and prayers as they learn what they need to do as parents.

1 comment:

scraphappy said...

What a great Christmas tree skirt. I agree that it will be hard to cut into it to make it into a skirt, but It will be worth it in the end.