Saturday, July 11, 2009

Home Alone!!!!





Being home alone is a rare night for me!!! Son, Todd, and DH took Todd's JD 630 to a farm tractor pull last night. That meant the TV was MINE for the night!
I spent the time quilting a smaller version of "Pinwheels and Prairie Points". It is one set of blocks smaller. The perfect size to wrap a new baby. I had watched the Stipples Tutorial on Crazy Mom Quilts blog (Thanks Amy!) a few times-decided to give it a try. I used the free motion foot to do the outside border. I know I have a long way to go--but I'm learning. I finished the quilting and sewing the binding. The handsewing was enjoyable when I was able to sit and watch "You've Got Mail" at the same time!!!!!

I wasn't ready to quit--so I pulled out a charm pack I had purchased. (Moda-Holly Jolly Snowman) I started on the newest Orginal recipe on the Moda Bakeshop--"Christmas table topper." I finished three blocks--it is so quick and easy.

No comments: