Sunday, February 25, 2018

When a Granddaughter Asks Part 2

Jessa's 7th birthday was celebrated today.  She wanted an "Under the Sea" party.  She asked for a mermaid cake. Of course, she had specific ideas of what she wanted.  "Grandma, could you make her tail turn a little?"  "Around the bottom could you make it a peach color since that is the color of the sand on the bottom of the ocean?"  "Oh, do you have a doll with red hair?"

Well, this is what I came up with. 

I think she liked it. 

Today is Daughter-In-Law, Katie's birthday.  I surprised her with her own made from scratch Coconut Cream pie.  Not my best looking crust.

Thursday night we received 8 inches of snow.  Most of Friday was spent moving it.  Last night, we received another 8 inches.  The piles of snow are getting deep along the roads. 

God Bless, 
Linda



2 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

I think Jessa thinks the cake is as fantastic as I do! And that pie - my mouth is watering. I love coconut cream pie. I think your snow is beautiful but I'm glad we don't have it. 😊 Enjoy! ~Jeanne

Needled Mom said...

That cake looks like the perfect one for the request. She is such a cutie.