Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Swans have returned!

Spring is making another attempt.  This week we had two days of rain which reduced the fire danger to "Moderate."  The grasses and fields are beginning to green. Trees are showing the promise of leaves.  This morning while washing dishes and gazing out the window, I saw the first glimpse of the swan gliding across the water.  I was surprised to learn how many people watch for their return to our pond each spring.



Yesterday was Cole's 6th birthday.  The grandkids are not only cousins, but best friends.  They have a fantastic time when they are together!

DS-1 and DIL-1 had an awesome patio poured last fall.   Cole's birthday was the first special occasion for the fire pit.  We cooked brats and hot dogs over the fire.
  

Miss Kylie needed some extra Papa time when she arrived.  
Of course Tatum, Miss "Herbal Essence,"  also claimed her time with Papa when eating ice cream and cake. 
 Last Sunday afternoon I made the time to sew the flimsy for my newest granddaughter who will be arriving any day!  Tonight I hope to baste and quilt to get closer to finishing it on Sunday. 



45 calendar days-30 school days--But who could be counting!!!

2 comments:

betty said...

Summer vacation will be here before you know it! So cute with the birthday party! Looked like fun with cooking the hot dogs over the fire pit!

Very cute quilt and how exciting with baby watching for the new grand daughter!

betty

Maria said...

Sew nice to see the swans return...
Gee Coles 6 already, how nice he can celebrate it with his cousins and family..
Love those cuddle photos with Papa...
Cute quilt for the new baby girl.. I'm sure you will have it completed by the time Bub arrives...