Saturday, April 16, 2016

Another try at Spring!

On Tuesday afternoon we had snow. Today the temperature as reached 75 degrees.  The windows are open so I hear the birds, frogs, ducks and geese and  other sounds of spring.

The wind has been strong drying out the grasses and fields.  We are in an extremely high fire level alert.

DH. DS, and friend have been working at clearing some wooded land next to one of son's fields.  Isn't there somethink about a boy and his toys....a man and his toys...




Jessa spent the night with us.  It was time for bed when she announced, "I'm sleeping with you and papa tonight."  Now, we only have a queen size bed.  It was an interesting night.  I learned she talks in her sleep and as with most children,  I never knew when there would be an arm or leg coming across me.

Today we went for a short ride on the Ranger to see what we could find.  We saw a young eagle in a tree.

When taking her home tonight she called from the back seat, "Grandma." 
"Yes, Sweetheart."
"I love you Grandma."

Those words take away all the thoughts of things I had planned to accomplish last night and today.  The baby quilt will just wait for another day.  I do have twenty blocks put together!



3 comments:

betty said...

I agree, quilting, as much as you love it, can always wait over spending time with a treasured grand daughter :)

How cool seeing the eagle!!!

betty

Maria said...

Ah lovely view from the kitchen window Linda....
How nice to have GD stay but it sounds like an interesting nights NOT sleep.LOL. So nice when the littles say " I Love You"
Looks like the men enjoyed their clearing job.....

Needled Mom said...

Those are the moments that are treasured forever.