Monday, January 6, 2014

Cold Weather Quilting & Treasures Part II

As is with most of the country, IT IS COLD.  Most of the churches were closed on Sunday.  Schools were closed today and will be on Tuesday also.    I have taken advantage of the time!
 The flannel quilt is for a little guy who was born in September.  With everything that happened during September, October, and November, I didn't sew his quilt.   The back is a gold minky. I was pleased how well it went together.   I will take it to a baby shower on Saturday at his grandma's house.

The shower Saturday is for our neighbor.   The dad-to-be is like one of our own kids.  It is exciting.  I finished a quilt top I had made last summer.  I didn't think I dared go to the shower with a quilt for the baby not here yet and not take a quilt for the baby already here! The fabrics are Darlene Zimmerman retro fabrics.


One Man's Trash....turned into treasures for me.  When working a cleaning out my MIL's house in November my BIL would sort through things to be put out for pick up by a local charity.  He happened to mention he put out several tins of buttons.  I said I would take them.  I went over to the house that evening.  In the stack of things to go to charity I found what I consider treasures.
One of the items was this old wicker sewing basket.   When I opened it I found several projects that were started.  Also were crochet hooks and embroidery hoops.
There were several boxes of crocheting threads.  When looking through one boxI found an envelope containing several crochet hooks and two tatting shuttles.  I took them back to the house to share with my SIL.These are a few of the hooks and the shuttle.
Tomorrow I will have one of the grandkids so he doesn't have to ride 45 minutes to day care in the cold.  I plan to spend time quilting on a overdue graduation gift.  It is the largest quilt I have used free motion with my DSM.  I will be very glad when it is finished! Amy,  do you recognize the blocks?

               Stay Warm---forecast for morning is -45 deg. wind chill. 
    God Bless, 
   Linda

6 comments:

Amy said...

OOOOh! SOOO many pangs of jealously reading this post. You clearly had some sewing motivation hitting you today :) well done.
And those crochet treasures........definitely some TREASURES there!

Enjoy the BOM quilting task -- the colors are rich and beautiful.

Pokey said...

Good job on using your snow time wisely! Nothing better than a couple of beautifully finished projects. I'm eyeing those treasures in the cool sewing basket, too ~
:-}pokey

soscrappy said...

Try to stay in today where it is warm. So cute baby quilts!

Maria said...

Both the baby quilts are gorgeous.. Beautiful finishes.
I agree the basket has many treasures.
Have fun finishing the BOM quilt.
We see on TV on old it is, keep warm ..

Linda said...

Oh, everything looks wonderful! I love your treasures too. I love that big quilt. My quilt is still with a friend of mine who's quilting it for me. That was a very fun quilt to do with Amy. Stay warm and enjoy your sewing and family time.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely! :)
Greetings from Finland!
Hugs, Ulla