There are two events in our country's history that I will never forget where I was or what was happening when I learned of the tragedy. The first was the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. The second the tragic attack on Sept. 11, 2001.
I'm watching the 9/11 coverage as it happened 12 years ago. It's still just as heart breaking. I hope we never forget. So horrendous. I will never understand why anyone would do this. So senseless.
You are so right. I don't think America will ever forget this date. I know I won't, just like I won't forget about JFK either. I was a young child when JFK was assassinated and I can remember it like it was yesterday. I'll never forget my teacher coming in crying to let us know about it. As far as 12 years ago, when I first heard about the airplane crashing into the tower, I was on my way to work. I can remember how scared I was to think we were under attack. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families on this tragedy.
5 comments:
I remember where I was for both of those events too. May we all never forget.
I'm watching the 9/11 coverage as it happened 12 years ago. It's still just as heart breaking. I hope we never forget. So horrendous. I will never understand why anyone would do this. So senseless.
We will never forget as our dear friend also lost his little Granddaughter to cancer, age 5.
You are so right. I don't think America will ever forget this date. I know I won't, just like I won't forget about JFK either. I was a young child when JFK was assassinated and I can remember it like it was yesterday. I'll never forget my teacher coming in crying to let us know about it. As far as 12 years ago, when I first heard about the airplane crashing into the tower, I was on my way to work. I can remember how scared I was to think we were under attack. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families on this tragedy.
Interestting read
Post a Comment