Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Things I learned tonight:

1.  Don't trim until you make sure the block is together correctly.  (Double check the instructions.)

2.   Don't trim in an attempt to make things right.  (Pinwheels looked great until I trimmed it too much.)

3.   Don't start something when you are tired.   ( I should have known better.)

On the Positive side:

1.  I know what not to do next time.  (It will go much quicker since I won't make the same mistake again.)

2.  I needed a place to practice free motion quilting. ( I will do some experimenting.)

3.  At least I did spend some time sewing! Yep!  Even if I made huge mistakes...It was good to be sewing.

4.  I am anxious to see what the complete pattern will look like...I quit with it when I made so many mistakes.   It needs another wider border with four smaller pinwheels in each corner.

Night all!

4 comments:

Maria said...

I can relate to your post Linda.
I often do all those things...
Just keep stitching..

Linda in Arkansas said...

Oh yes, next time they will go together much easier. Funny how when we are tired we do silly things while sewing - not that we laugh about it when we do it! LOL! Looks good so far - can't wait to see it finished.

Sharon said...

I do the same things and especially know better than to start something when I'm tired, but still do it anyway. LOL!

Amy said...

You'll always have a reminder of this learning moment. Another positive is that it actually looks perfectly fine! Who's to know you wanted "perfect" pinwheels?? Maybe you were shooting for a new-age "modern" block :)