Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wonderful Memories of Christmas 2011

My two  Daughters-I-L asked if we could celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve day.  Waiting for Christmas Eve makes it a late night for the grandkids.   Since there was no day off before Christmas Eve, I totally changed my normal menu.  Usually it is homemade Swedish meatballs and gravy, mashed potatoes,  fruit salad, and mixed vegetables with cheese sauce followed by French Silk or Pumpkin Pie.  I switched to my lasagna, lettuce salad, garlic bread, and pie.   I will admit it was much easier!! And fewer pots and pans to wash while cooking and cleanup was easier.

Santa came to visit that afternoon.  He wanted to remind Conner, Kasey, and Tatum to make sure they went to bed on time so he could visit that night.  He also tried out Kasey's cookies--he said he would be looking for them when he came to her house.  As always,  Santa took a Christmas picture of our family before he left.

That evening we all went to the Christmas Eve Family service at church.  My children sermon this year was reading the story,  "Silent Night, A Mouse Tale."  It is the story of how Straus Mouse ate through the bellows of the organ where Franz Gruber and Joseph Mohr's carol, Silent Night, was first sung accompanied by guitar.  Who knows--maybe it really happened that way!


After church we all went to Great Grandma Joyce's for carmel corn, cheese and crackers, and time together. It was a wonderful day.  Celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior!


3 comments:

Maria said...

So nice to see you had a wonderful christmas with your Family.I bet the childern enjoyed your Christmas Story.
I love all you family photos.
Thank you for sharing.
All the best wishes for the coming year.
Hugz
Maria XX

scraphappy said...

It looks like you had a lovely time with your family. I'm sure they all enjoyed the time together more than the menu.

Love Of Quilts said...

What a great family get together! Hope you have many many more.