Monday, August 8, 2011
When will I learn????
When will I learn to make sure I have enough thread to complete machine quilting a quilt BEFORE starting. Saturday night I was finally in the right mood to work on finishing projects. Since I will need this baby quilt soon I started quilting. I decided to use one of the "fancy" stitches. It required more thread--duh Linda--. So I ran out. I will need to make a trip to the Busy Bobbin in Rice Lake and hopefully they will have it. I am not sure what plan B maybe!
So--I pulled out the wedding gift for Chris and Kari. They are getting married in September. Chris always said he wasn't getting married until he was 30! His birthday is Friday and the wedding is Saturday. Chris is a farmer who farms with all John Deere equipment. He worked at a dealership before buying his farm. I decided to make their tree skirt reversible. The top is traditional and this is the backing. I think they will like it.
Summer is going fast. I have several things on my "to do" list that have not been accomplished! I think I need to prioritize to the list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
OH NO!! Hope you can get the thread if not just use a pain in one of the colours to finish it.
Very pretty pinwheels.
Your tree skirt is great. I am sure Chris will LOVE it as will his new wife.
It has to be called planning ahead - I don't do well with that either - I just jump in with both feet and hope for the best - Judy C and www.shadetreequilting.com
Post a Comment