Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Quilting Gloves?????



Add caption
I need to invest in a new pair of quilting gloves.  What style-brand-features would you recommend?  The ones I have worn through are Fons & Porter's.   As I have looked there is are several to select from.  The Busy Bobbin quilt shop didn't have any so I will need to order them.    All suggestions welcome. 

8 comments:

Amy said...

Heya Linda :0)
Here is a link to the gloves I use:
http://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Nitrile-Garden-Gloves-Purple/dp/B000EWOCXU

This is a link to size SMALL, but if interested, scroll down to "Customers also bought....." section; I see that Mediums and Larges are available.

FlourishingPalms said...

When I wear gloves for quilting - and that's only in the winter, when it's cold - I wear inexpensive garden gloves. Just look for the ones that have grippers on the fingers. Even better, try hand lotion! Use Neutrogena hand cream which is greaseless (so it won't get on your quilt) and good for your skin. It's what I prefer to use as it allows me much better access for grabbing stray threads, and freedom to use my fingers to really feel the quilt. Let us know what you settle on.

Quilter Kathy said...

I am using Machingers at the moment...I like them, but they seem dirty all the time (since they are white). I have used regular gardening gloves and they worked just as well.

JudyCinNC said...

I try not to wear gloves - LoL - I have used garden gloves with the rubber palms when I have to but I so dislike machine quilting. Sending them to someone else works well for me. Good for you, if you need them. Judy C in NC www.shadetreequilting.com

Maria said...

I don't use gloves Linda so sorry cannot help.
Oh1 Where is your beautiful photo??

Tracy said...

I use the Machingers. I haven't made enough quilts to wear them out yet!LOL!

Linda said...

I wear gloves. These are for quilting and they are the big white cotton gloves with white dots on the fingertips. I like them because they are all cotton and don't make my hands hot and they grip the fabric very good. I've had them for a long time and don't remember the name. I tried gardening gloves but didn't like them at all. I've tried a little of everything but I always come back to these gloves. If I find the name of them, I'll let you know.

Julie Fukuda said...

I have never found a pair of gloves for any purpose that fit my hands (big palms, short fingers)I guess I should be glad I don't need them to sew.