Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Birthday Gift and Pictures of Grandkids

As is everyone else's life.  The past few weeks have been busy.  Last night I FINALLY finished Saphria's quilt for her first birthday party this afternoon.  Her parents are our neighbors.  I have known Saphira's mom, Haylee, her entire life.  I tried some new free motion quilting.  At first it was alittle rough--but by the time I finished--not to bad!  Saphria has an older brother who is three, an older sister, Aria, who is two,  Saphria is turning one and they are expecting a new baby in November!  Haylee is one busy mom!

Last Sunday was Jessica's dedication/ baptism.  Her other grandfather is a pastor at Northern Lights Christian Center.  It is special to have him give the short personal message and prayer. A lady in the church crocheted a special gown for Jessica.  She is now six months old.  We thank the Lord for her each day when we think of all the complications surrounding Katie's pregnancy.



I am learning to allow my picture to be taken with the grandkids.  Long story--but I will admit I am no longer refusing pictures.  


We all knew Tatum wasn't feeling well. She wasn't laughing or enjoying being Tatum.  The past several nights she had awoken during the night and cried.  Sunday afternoon she would cry and needed to be held.   By late afternoon her right jaw was swelling.  We all thought she was cutting a molar.  By 1:00 a.m. Monday morning they were in the ER.  The entire side of her face was swollen and hot to the touch.  The ER doc said she definitely had an infection and needed to see a dentist in the morning.  The dentist couldn't determine what was wrong.  It was three days before she was able to see the pediatric oral surgeon.  On Thursday they found a baby tooth was floating in the gum over the molar not allowing the molar to come through.   It had caused the growing infection.  The doctor removed the baby tooth.  When they were in the car coming home, Tatum said,  "Mommy, Owie all gone!"


With school starting last Monday, it will be good to be back in a daily routine.   Lots of challenges there again this year!



6 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi, Linda~
I enjoyed looking at your pictures! Jessica and Tatum are just cute as can be. :)
So glad Tatum is feeling better.
I hope you have a great school year. We'll start back on Tuesday. Summer break just flew by!

Sharon said...

Love the little quilt, and great pics of you with your grand-daughter. She will treasure that picture some day...I wish I had at least one picture of me with my grandparents. So glad you found out the cause of Tatum's infection...ouch! I have worked in dentistry for over 30 years, and that is one I have not seen.

Sharon said...

Oh, it's so hard to do the waiting for doctors when a little one is hurting! I'm so glad her owie is all gone! That is precious!

The quilt is adorable! Pinwheels just seem to say "HAPPY".

The crocheted baby gown is beautiful, but the baby is even more so. ;-)

Congratulations on the forthcoming grandbaby!

betty said...

Poor little Tatum! Glad that she is no longer in pain! Jessica is so cute; what a pretty gown made for her! like the quilt you made too for your neighbor! very talented! I hope this school year is a good one for you!!

betty

JudyCinNC said...

I hope your school year is rewarding - and free of most stress. My granddaughter who is in charge of EC classes in Jacksonville, NC certainly was not looking forward to this year with so many cut backs and reduced staff. I think I know what you mean about pictures - I did not want to be in the picture, then realized my grandchildren and great grandchildren would have not pictures of ever being in my house, so I gave in also. Have a great week. Judy C in NC

Tracy said...

I love that quilt...I'm still trying to finish my granddaughter's quilt and she'll be a year old in October!
Glad to hear your granddaughter is ok, it's hard to see them in pain.
I totally agree about having my picture taken with the kids. I usually am the one who takes them. I'm also trying to let go of the "fear"!